MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL RULES as of 6-3-2018
It is each participant’s responsibility to read and understand all of the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL rules as well as all rules for the individual qualifying events.
1. All participants must be current MUSKIES, INC. members in good standing. You must have your Muskies, Inc. card as proof of membership. MUSKIES, INC. membership number and expiration date will be recorded before each qualifying tournament on registration form, or tournament officials will collect MUSKIES, INC. membership form and dues.
2. Registration for the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL can be completed online at www.muskiesinctournamenttrail.com or at the individual qualifying tournament registrations.
3. There is no entry fee to participate in the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL. Regular tournament entry fees must be paid for each of the qualifying tournaments that you choose to participate in.
4. To be eligible for MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL prizes, you must have fished in at least THREE OF THE SIX individual qualifying events. ONLY your Top 4 events will count towards MITT points.
5. All participants in any MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL qualifying tournament MUST abide by individual tournament rules.
6. Points are awarded on a per person basis. There are no “teams” for the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL even though an individual qualifying tournament may be a team format. A participant may have multiple partners during the qualifying events. Each person will receive points only for their own fish caught.
7. MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL Officials have the right to reject any entry in consultation with individual qualifying tournament officials. All decisions of the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL Officials shall be final.
8. Cheating by a contestant will result in immediate disqualification from the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL.
9. Prizes for the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL will be presented at the conclusion of the Brainerd Lakes Shootout or at a place designated by MITT officials. Need not be present to win.
10. All contestants shall cooperate with members of the press after tournament events for inter-views and photographs. MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL reserves the right to use of names and photographs of participants.
11. All participants in any MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL qualifying tournament MUST abide by individual tournament rules. MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL DOES require a photo on a commercial bump board even if a qualifying tournament does not.
12. Every MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL qualifying event is a Catch, & Release tournament. While a qualifying tournament may not require a picture on a board, for entry in MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL, a photo on a commercial bump board is required.
1. The first place person at any qualifying tournament receives 150 MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL standings points. Each subsequent qualifying tournament place winner receives one fewer standings point. (For example: 2nd place receives 149 standings points, 3rd place receives 148 points, etc.) Standings points will only be awarded to individuals in a qualifying event who register a fish. (i.e. if there are only 25 participants that register fish, those 25 will receive standings points. All the remaining entrants shall receive no standings points.) EXAMPLE: If MITT participants (Signed up prior to event) finish 2nd and 6th in a qualifying tournament, they will receive 149 and 145 points, respectively, for that qualifying tournament.
2. Each MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL participant will receive 10 attendance points for competing at each qualifying event. Failure to catch a fish at an event will result in participants receiving only 10 attendance points and zero standings points.
3. Total of combined standings and attendance points for the year from an individual's top 4 scoring qualifying tournaments will determine final standings in the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL.
4. Only MUSKIES, INC. members in good and current standing will receive any points from any tournament. You must provide your Muskies, Inc. card as proof of Muskies Inc membership. In the case of a tie in the MUSKIES, INC. TOURNAMENT TRAIL point standings, the following methods will be used in the tie breaker, in the order they are listed, until the tie has been broken.
a. Whichever person has the highest finishing place in a qualifying tournament during the year.
b. Whichever person has the largest total fish points in a qualifying tournament during the year.
c. Whichever person has the largest one day (any day) point total in a qualifying tournament during the year.
d. Whichever person registered the longest fish in a qualifying tournament during the year.
e. Whichever person has registered the 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th, etc. longest fish in a qualifying tournament during the year.
f. If at this point there is still a tie, it will then be determined with a coin toss.
Qualifying Tournaments for the 2018 MITT:
June Jam - June 16-17, 2018 - 7 Polk County, WI lakes.
Bemidji-Cass Lake Muskie Tournament - June 16th, 2018 - Bemidji, Cass, Big, Plantagenet, Mantrap.
St Louis River Shootout, Aug 11th, 2018 - St Louis River.
Contact: Curt Ellestad 218-390 8888, Brandon Stall 218-464-2547, Dustin Carlson 218-464-2379
Frank Schneider Memorial Muskie Tournament - September 7-8-9, 2018 - over 20 Bemidji-Cass Lake-Walker-Longville area lakes.
George Wahl Memorial Muskie Tournament September 29, 2018, 13 Twin City Metro Lakes
Brainerd Lakes Muskie Shootout October 13-14, 2018, Leech Lake